Tuesday 27 March 2012

Day 1+2: Success

Hi Everyone!

Well after my last post which was mainly complaining about my current state, I have some fabulous news! Day 2 of the Wild Rose Cleanse has now come to an end, and Im honestly feeling SO much better about myself! I'll admit that Im feeling really quite tired (as you tend to on the first few days of the cleanse) but Im not sure if I can really blame this, as I did have a weekend long birthday fest with little sleep, a few too many drinks, and I've also developed a cold :P

I have to share the most amazing video I've seen in a while, its called Hungry for Change and their website is http://www.hungryforchange.tv/online-premiere . It was funny that the day that I had purchased the cleanse, and was about to start it the next day, that I watched this video that same evening. I stayed up so late that night I just couldn't turn it off! This movie is an amazing motivational video of all the things that you already know, or perhaps some that you don't, that we all tend to not pay attention to- but we really should. So watching this as I began my cleanse really added an extra bit of motivation for this new way of eating, and man is it better than all the crap I was eating before.

I think I liked to believe that I ate healthy, but when I think back now, I had so many unhealthy habits that I really just didn't even realize. First of all, I didn't eat any fat. Seriously. When I would go back and review the day of what I've eaten, usually it would be about 1-2 grams a DAY. Recommended on a 1200 calorie a day diet *this is to LOSE weight* the fat is set to 40 grams a day. So considering I wasn't having any, (and as a dieter this is what you are programmed to believe is the best thing to do) it was surprising that I wasn't really losing any weight, and also how come I was binge-eating so severely on such a frequent basis. I just didn't get it. I was eating so much in volume, yet never felt satisfied or full, so I'd just keep eating. And as we all know, this leads to weight gain..

I feel like Im jumping the gun in having this revelation on day 2 of the cleanse/healthy lifestyle change, but honestly this video along with just being fed up with my current state has really got me just so ready to make this change. Again, WATCH THE VIDEO! you can watch it for free online for I believe 3 more days. (Also, if you are interested in this type of thing, a great book I've read many times that is the same kind of idea, is called Skinny Bitch)

Now I got a bit off topic but I was going to explain the whole "fat" thing. So previously I was eating none, and when I did eat some, it was the BAD fats that I would consume out of binge-eating. I would avoid real oils (healthy oils) such as olive oils, flax seed, etc, as they had "too many calories and fat". I also would avoid healthy fats found in foods such as avocados, nuts, and seeds. Again, due to the fact that they had "too high fat and calories", and why would i "spend my calories on that". So what I've done since I've started the cleanse, is to COMPLETELY CHANGE the way I eat. And what I can tell you 2 days in, is that I'm already proven my old theories to be Wrong!!

Ive had an avocado on both days, Ive had REAL olive oil (not butter flavoured oil-like spray) and you know what, I've stayed EASILY within my 1200 calories, and the best part? I used to feel hungry all the time. And I can say, eating all these all natural foods, simply whole nutritious foods from the earth, nothing processed, that after a meal, Im not hungry. Im not even wanting to snack. I am completely satisfied until the next meal. It is filling me up the way that food should. Perhaps this is not a shock to a lot of you, but to me, this is a completely different way of viewing the way I eat food. These fats and oils are GOOD fats and oils and are actually essential for your body. It all kind of is making sense why I may have been having so many health problems in the last 6 months.. I suppose more time of this new lifestyle will truly test this theory. Was the food I was eating what was making me sick? I'll obviously keep you posted on the progress.
I know this entry is all over the place, but what I wanted to get across is that Ive never felt so strongly about eating right. and it makes SO much sense. Its hard to believe I ate all of the things I did with absolutely no care in the world that it could literally be killing me. I got out every single box of diet jello, sugar free gum, diet pop with aspartame, sugar free candies and mints, ANYTHING with an artificial sweetener, and they are now gone from my life. For good!
 If you want to kickstart your motivation or just a reminder on why you should eat healthy natural foods, again above I have added the link to watch the movie, Hungry for Change, and post any comments I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!
Ps. Ive been taking some pictures and what not of the meals I've been eating and snacks that are all cleanse friendly so hopefully I'll have the time to add some of them this week !

Health and Happiness!

Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment